Web Writer & Editor
240.305.1788 | firstname.lastname@example.org | nataliegontcharova.com
Beauty & Weddings Content Editor. Refinery29.com. Aug. 2014-Present.
Self-Employed. Freelance Web Editor/Writer. Sept. 2008-Aug. 2014.
• Web Writer/Editor, GoodHousekeeping.com
• Weddings & Registry Writer/Editor, The Knot magazine
• Entertainment Reporter, MTV (RemoteControl.MTV.com)
• Fashion Reporter, TIME magazine (Style.Time.com)
• Beauty writer and copy editor, Oribe hair care
• Former Web Producer and Fashion Blogger, Brides magazine (Brides.com)
• Former Fact-Checker at IN New York/Where New York magazines (Morris Visitor Publications) and American Cheerleader magazine (Dance Media)
YourTango.com. Experts Editor. Nov. 2012 – Nov. 2013.
• Conceptualized and assigned health and relationships articles to subject experts
Senior Associate Editor. July 2011-Nov. 2012.
Assistant Editor. April-July 2011.
• Assigned, wrote, and edited news posts for the LoveBuzz blog (yourtango.com/lovebuzz)
• Tripled the readership of LoveBuzz to over 1,000,000 monthly unique visitors; grew traffic from 500,000 to 4 million monthly unique visitors
• Managed 5-10 freelancers, including writers and producers
• Produced content using the Drupal CMS; ensured that content was SEO-friendly
• Hired, trained, and managed 2-5 interns a semester
• Managed partnerships with 15+ websites, including The Daily Beast and MSN’s Glo
Brides, Condé Nast. Freelance Web Producer/Blogger. Nov. 2012-April 2013.
• Produced and curated images for slideshows in TeamSite CMS
• Wrote and edited daily wedding fashion, beauty, and lifestyle blog posts
• Found creative ways to translate print magazine content into online content
Good Housekeeping, Hearst. Intern/Fashion Assistant. Sept. 2008-Jan. 2009.
• Assisted during photo shoots; dressed models and kept clothing organized
• Sent and received samples, communicated with PR and studio representatives
• Recorded and fact-checked credit information for photo shoots
Bridal Guide magazine. Editorial Intern. Sept. 2008 – Jan. 2009.
• Researched and wrote five pieces about honeymoon destinations for the magazine
• Fact-checked the travel section monthly
• Researched, interviewed sources, and wrote weekly posts for the Bridal Buzz blog
The Northwest Current. Staff Writer/Section Editor. Oct. 2006 – Sept. 2008.
• Reported and wrote four articles a week about local issues such as development, zoning, and nightlife for a 60,000-circulation weekly in Washington, D.C.
• Starting in Oct. 2007, edited children’s section and art gallery/museum listings
Skills: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, InCopy, WordPress, Movable Type, Drupal, TeamSite, basic HTML coding. Proficient in AP style.
Languages: Fluent in Russian, conversational in Spanish.
Education: B.A. Journalism/International Affairs, May 2006
George Washington University, Washington, D.C.
Senior Staff Writer, GW Hatchet newspaper. Washington Post Semester program student.